Providence Reformed Church
“Abiding in Christ for the glory of God” (John 15).
“By the grace of God, Providence Reformed Church is a family of believers dedicated to His glory, the spiritual growth of His people, and making disciples for Christ.”
- By the grace of God
- The grace of God is His free and sovereign gift to save and sanctify all believers.
- It is the means by which we are able to accomplish His mandate to honor Him in all things.
- Family of believers
- We are a people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and gifts, reconciled by Christ to God and to each other.
- We are committed to mutual support through prayer, fellowship, and caring for one another.
- Therefore, we are united in purpose to glorify Christ in our lives together.
- Dedicated to His glory
- We acknowledge God’s sovereignty over all creation.
- We desire to make His great name known to all people; He alone is worthy of worship.
- Dedicated to the spiritual growth of His people
- Teaching the Word
- We practice the expositional preaching of the word, small group Bible studies, fellowships, and Sunday school.
- We spend time corporately and individually praising God, giving thanks to God for His goodness and mercy, confessing our sins, and petitioning for our needs and for the world.
- We spend time corporately and individually glorifying God in songs and hymns, scripture readings, confessional statements, giving of tithes and offerings, and the celebration of communion.
- We engage in good works to meet needs, both inside and outside the church family.
- Making disciples for Christ
- We follow the ordinance of baptism as a sign of salvation and obedience to Christ.
- We strive to live godly lives in obedience to the commands in His Word.
- We are committed to equipping each other for good works.
- We are committed to being held accountable to one another under the authority of God’s Word.
- We are committed to advancing the gospel in our families, communities, cities, nation, and world by personal evangelism, prayer, financial support, and sending missionaries.
- Teaching the Word